"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.
We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.
We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.
We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.
We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.
The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation."
- Flock print
- 13.5 oz.(US) 22.5 oz. (CA), 70/30 ring spun cotton/polyester fleece,100% cotton face yarns on solid colors, 20 singles
- Double fleece lined hood
- Antique silver eyelets
- Heavy duty 100% cotton shoestring drawcord with antique silver tips
- Double ribbing side panels for stretch
- Reverse coverstitch sewing on all seams for durability and a premium finish
- Body and hood panels sewn Cross-Grain to limit shrinkage & shortening after wash
- 520gm 100% cotton 1x1 ribbing at cuff and waistband